Monday, January 5, 2009

From the Land of Flannel Pajamas to the World of Morning Commutes

4 am wake up. 5 am departure.6am drop off to daycare. By 6:30 bums were in the seat while cups of coffee were snuggled and coveted. Conversations were had by old friends who had been missing from my life for what seemed like ages. Email was read and deleted because it was no longer pertinent. Witty banter was thrown across the cubicles like a riveting game of catch. Christmas trauma's were shared as secretly, lucky stars were thanked. Paychecks were earned as analysis was conducted and reports were written. Oh it feels good to be back in the land of adults.Until next time Christmas vacation.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that my commute can be made IN my flannel pajamas and includes stopping off in the kitchen for a cup of hot tea while enroute to the office.

    I'm glad you're going back to work with a great attitude. I'm just sorry you have to get up so early!!

    ReplyDelete