Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Best As Seen on TV Product of 2008

Look, don't get me wrong. I love shopping. I am in no way, shape or form an "As seen on TV" addict, HSN addict or any other form of TV shopping addict. To be honest with you, I have A.D.D. (not really but some times I wonder) so by time the commercial goes off I've already forgotten. Don't even get me started on the spokespeople who push these products. Vince from "Shamwow!" with the crazy eye, Billy from 90% of the other commercials and his fake enthusiasm *sigh*.




Anywho, the sis and I were watching the telli when we saw it.Did you hear me people-IT! At first, Doctor doctor expressed interest and I immediately dismissed the idea. I would never be caught with IT in the house. After trying ,to no avail, to dissuade her I slowly started to think. First off, there is no way a package is coming in this house without my name attached to it (pathetic and middle sisterish, I know) and if she's interested then it has to be awesome (once again the middle child comes out). Besides, I knew Chaz wouldn't be interested because it's not very manly so that would leave one person for the resistance.




Everyday we waited by the door diligently for IT to arrive. One thing I did learn from ordering off of the t.v. was when they say 6 weeks, they mean six weeks. I think they ship everything by covered wagon. During my morning commute on week two I even heard my favorite morning DJ's talking about IT. The movement was gaining speed. Week four, Doctor doctor called to see what the hold up was.They hadn't even charged her card yet! That is when she received the dreaded message," Due to an influx of orders, we are currently back ordered". Bumbumbum (You have to hum it with the Law and Order tone).
Something glorious occurred two weeks ago, IT arrived.I guess we beat the worst of the wave of customers and had ours by Christmas. Does that make us trendsetters?




Drumroll please!




INTRODUCING the 2008 winner of Cosmo-Mom in the City's "This never leaves the confines of this blog!" Citation and "Unexpectedly Awesome" Award:
The Snuggie!
I have shunned all other blankets for the past 14 days. The snuggie is exactly what it says it is, a blanket with sleeves. It's genius! I am able to be the blanket hog I have always secretly been without feeling guilty. Anytime Chaz asks, "Can I get a little bit of that?" I say,"Sorry babe (fake sad face), my hands are tied. The sleeves kind of make it a solo person blanket!" then I snicker underneath the warmth and love of my snuggie. I recommend it for anyone who is a blanket hog or lives where it's cold. Word to the wise, you better order now if you want it ready by next winter.
*WARNING* Do not attempt to put more than a few pages in the accompanying free book light clip! I slit my finger on the sharp edge and I promise I could see the bone....ok maybe not the bone but there was definitely blood!

4 comments:

  1. hahahaha, you crack me up. I saw that commercial for the first time yesterday and was actually super interested in it. Now that I know someone likes it, I would be more prone to get it. But I don't think I will be making that purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See they get you because now they offer a two for the price of one deal. Come on, how can you turn down two snuggies and two book lights all for the low price of $19.99? They even come in two eye-catching colors: yawnalicious maroon and blahish green!You don't know what you're missing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG thats too funny. We always make fun of the Infomercials. I can't STAND Billy who yells at everybody. Why does he think he needs to yell? Is he trying to sell to old deaf folks who refuse to wear their hearing aides? I'm just sayin!

    Anyway, alas, I too considered this little item. I had one as a teen but you wrapped it around you and it snapped under your arms and up the front. Kinda more like a robe but you could open it up as a comforter too.

    Oh and as far as As Seen On TV products, I have 2 to recommend. First, the Moving Men. Totally Awesome. We bought ours about 7 years ago and they are totally the bomb. I can move huge things alone with these bad boys. Also, the Valdivia Onion Chopper gizmo. You can buy them at Target and they are totally awesome. I refuse to chop veggies at all now. Carrots, onions, celery, garlic, bell peppers... you name it and it chops and measures all at once. A life saver for those holiday meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My youngest daughter wants one of these...Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete