Friday, December 26, 2008

Destructo Strikes Again!

I thought maybe you all would get a chuckle out of the e-mail I had to send to all of my friends about my latest cellphone.

My beautiful 5-month old Blackberry pearl is dead. I watched it take its last breath Monday. I hooked it up to life support throughout the night but my efforts were futile. I finally pulled the plug yesterday morning when there had been no sign of recorded brain activity for longer than 12 hours. I am currently in the process of pressing charges but I don't know how well a trial would go with a 10-month old since he cannot defend himself. I think it’s technically illegal. I guess its partially my fault. The next time you think about giving your innocent phone to your teething child to pacify him, think again. Whenever you laugh at your child slobber dialing, think of all of the pain the cellphone is being caused. In its last month of life, my phone's camera and video recorder were broken. Do you know what that makes it? Just a cellphone. No better than the huge one Zack Morris used on Saved by the Bell! Long story short- my phone is broken and with the holiday coming up I probably won't get around to fixing it until next week. If you are even thinking about calling me, please just send me a message. I have to go, I have a funeral to plan. Chew toy's can be sent in lieu of flowers.

2 comments:

  1. Too Funny! I give my grandson Sam my phone all of the time. He is 15 months and gets in trouble at home because he thinks mommy and daddy should give him their phones. They're smarter then I am apparently. While he has stopped chewing on my phone, he does other amazing tricks with it, some of which I have no idea how to do. You see, I would LOVE a cell phone that is JUST a cell phone. I can't find one so I have one that does things that I don't know how to work. Sam does. Sam slobbers on it, takes random photos and saves them, sends random page type text messages to people on my contact list including his Uncle and parents who then call thinking there is a problem, and manages to go on line and check things on the phone like minutes used, numbers called, account balance etc. I not only didn't know you could do that but I have NO idea how to get to that spot. Sam does! I think he calls China too, but he refuses to admit it. Yeah, I'm sure he is brilliant but I'm not sure how well my phone will continue to wear if he drops it on the floor one more time.

    By the way, I'm Christie's mom and I just had to check out who was "Stalking" her. I stalk people too so it's all good! LOL

    Good luck with a new phone purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa, you crack me up! I will definitely keep this in mind.

    ReplyDelete