Tuesday, December 30, 2008

How will you spend your New Years Eve?



Chaz, Destructo, Doctor Doctor and I will be spending ours pounding the pavement. We are participating in the First Annual Fairfax 4-miler. I am very excited and cannot wait to stretch my legs out in a sea of people ranging in age from 0-80. I have something to prove this run. I normally try to race once a month but I kind of overslept the morning of the 8k Reindeer run this month. Doctor Doctor had to go on without us. I love running in official races. Its such a rush! I'm ubber-competitive so it's always inspirational when I get to battle it out with the same handful of runners. You know, the ones you pass only to watch them pass you 2 minutes later. Chaz and Destructo are going to run it with me. Normally destructo sits on the sidelines but I think it will be good to get out there as a family. Its crazy watching how good everyone is! There are people pushing double strollers running 6-minute miles and octogenarians running in under 8-minute miles, it is insane!Well I just want to wish everyone and your families a Happy and Safe New Year (all three of you;P). See you all in 2009!

3 comments:

  1. Wow... I'm impressed. I think about walking, would never dream of running. Ok, seriously don't dream of walking much either to be honest, but have been inspired to maybe do a 5K walk in the spring. Hmmm, maybe I should start at least walking around the block once a month or so?

    New years will be spent working on the carpet/tile/grout project since Honey is out of town and then packing everything up to drive the 3 hours to where he is so we can go racing for the weekend. I'll miss him, but can't see spending 5 days out of town.

    Happy running and remember to set the alarm far enough away from the bed that you can't hit the snooze!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely try a 5k walk. The money always goes to a great cause and at the end of the day you get an awesome t-shirt as a souvenir. Those things are great to wear for around the house projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi hope your 4 Miler went well. I'm off to the races myself. Ok, it's a car race and I'm just the pit crew, but it's a race! :-)

    Hope you and the family had a good time and a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete